Monday 17 August 2015

Microsoft Says 'Laptops Are Obsolete' - We Say Differently

The article, Microsoft Just Made Laptops Obsolete, by Chris Lau provides me with a message I am all too familiar with. Sure, there are some great points being made - however, reading it may also result in a headache. I find there's a lot of tech-talk that doesn't really tell you why Microsoft will make laptops obsolete. Sure, "technically" you wouldn't need the power of a laptop or desktop once Windows 10 is completely in the picture, and the processing power of the smartphone is increased tenfold in a few months, other bits are made smaller and faster, and batteries improve, and RAM is shrunk and expanded, and the list goes on and on.

I love my job and I love technology, and I personally live on my smartphone. But, in the working world where we deal with documents, spreadsheets and presentations - you need a device large enough that makes viewing these documents effortless. 

While I am not a huge fan of Microsoft, I do live and breathe many of their other products. The knowledge of being able to go to a client's site and have a PowerPoint presentation on my phone for display on a larger screen, knowing it will work, is simply amazing. As we at High Tech evaluate these Microsoft products for our clients so we may consult and recommend certain software, we take into consideration the fact that technology is moving forward and software is constantly driving better business efficiency.

Take a look: http://www.itworldcanad.com/blog/microsoft-just-made-laptops-obsolete/374455

No comments:

Post a Comment